The Holy Father
IOANNES PAULUS PP. II
DOMINUM ET VIVIFICANTEM
On the Holy Spirit in the Life of the Church
and the World
Download this document in several formats
Read this document as a whole page
Text & search
For easier reading...
- Table of Contents -
Index of footnotes
PART I - THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON, GIVEN TO THE CHURCH
1. Jesus' Promise and Revelation at the Last Supper
2. Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. The Salvific Self-Giving of God in the Holy Spirit
4. The Messiah, Anointed with the Holy Spirit
5. Jesus of Nazareth, "Exalted" in the Holy Spirit
6. The Risen Christ Says: "Receive the Holy Spirit"
7. The Holy Spirit and the Era of the Church
PART II - THE SPIRIT WHO CONVINCES THE WORLD CONCERNING SIN
1. Sin, Righteousness and Judgment
2. The Testimony of the Day of Pentecost
3. The Witness Concerning the Beginning: the Original Reality of Sin
4. The Spirit Who Transforms Suffering into Salvific Love
5. The Blood that Purifies the Conscience
6. The Sin Against the Holy Spirit
PART III - THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE
1. Reason for the Jubilee of the Year 2000: Christ Who Was Conceived of the Holy Spirit
2. Reason for the Jubilee: Grace Has Been Made Manifest
3. The Holy Spirit in Man's Inner Conflict: "For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh"
4. The Holy Spirit Strengthens the "Inner Man"
5. The Church as the Sacrament of Intimate Union with God
6. The Spirit and the Bride Say: "Come!''
Source of the electronic transcription
IntraText editorial staff
Copyright © Libreria Editrice Vaticana
[2003 05 19]