CONGREGAZIONE PER LE CHIESE ORIENTALI
Viaggio di S.E.R. Mons. Antonio Maria Vegliò in Israele
Il giorno 13 dicembre 2007 ha avuto luogo nel Ministero degli Affari Esteri di Israele la Plenaria della Commissione Bilaterale Permanente di Lavoro tra la Santa Sede e lo Stato di Israele. Lo scopo era quello di studiare lo stato di avanzamento dei negoziati secondo l’articolo 10 § 2 dell’Accordo di Base tra la Santa Sede e lo Stato d’Israele (30 dicembre 1993). Si tratta praticamente delle questioni patrimoniali e fiscali dei cristiani in quello Stato. S.E. Mons. Antonio Maria Vegliò, Segretario della Congregazione per le Chiese Orientali, è membro della delegazione cattolica presieduta dal Sotto-Segretario per le Relazioni con gli Stati della Segreteria di Stato, Mons. Pietro Parolin. Nonostante l’atmosfera di cordialità e di buona volontà, i colloqui non hanno potuto registrare progressi particolarmente significativi.
La prossima Sessione Plenaria si terrà a maggio del 2008 in Vaticano.
Qui di seguito viene riportato il "Joint communiqué":
The Bilateral Permanent Working Commission between the Holy See and the State of Israel has held a Plenary meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel today, Thursday, 13 December 2007, for the purpose of advancing the negotiations pursuant to Article 10 §2 of the Fundamental Agreement between the Holy See and the State of Israel (30 Dec.1993).
The Delegation of the State of Israel was led by Mr. Aaron Abramovich, Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and was composed, in addition, of the following Members:
1. Mr. Shmuel Ben-Shmuel, Head of World Jewish Affairs and Interreligious Affairs Department, MFA
2. Mr. Oded Ben-Hur, Ambassador of the State of Israel to the Holy See
3. Mr. Ehud Keinan, Legal Adviser, MFA
4. Mr. Oded Brook, Official of the Ministry of Finance
5. Mr. Moshe Golan, the State Attorney's Office
6. Mr. Bahij Mansour, Director of Religious Affairs Department, MFA
7. Mr. Ronen Gil-Or, Adv., Director of General Law Department, MFA
8. Mr. Eliav Benjamin, Director General's Bureau, MFA
9. Ms. Yael Weiner, Ministry of Justice
10. Ms. Leah Antebe, Ministry of the Interior .
The Delegation of the Holy See was led by Monsignor Pietro Parolin, Undersecretary for Relations with States at the Secretariat of State, and was composed, in addition, of the following Members:
1. H.E. Archbishop Antonio Maria Veglió, Secretary of the Congregation for Oriental Churches
2. H.E. Archbishop Antonio Franco, Apostolic Nuncio in Israel
3. H.E. Bishop Giacinto Boulos Marcuzzo, Latin Auxiliary Bishop
4. Msgr. Franco Coppola, Official of the Secretariat of State
5. Msgr. Anani Nicodème Barrigah-Benissan, Counselor of the Apostolic Nunciature
6. Msgr. Paolo Borgia, First Secretary of the Apostolic Nunciature
7. Archimandrite Maher Aboud
8. Father Pierre Grech, Secretary General of the Assembly of the Catholic Ordinaries
9. Father Dobromir Jasztal, OFM
10. Father David-Maria A. Jaeger, OFM, Legal Adviser
11. Mr. Henry Amoroso, Second Legal Adviser
12. Father Giovanni Caputa, sdb, Secretary
The delegations met in an atmosphere of cordiality, mutual understanding and good will, received with satisfaction the progress reported from the working level, and gave guidelines for the continuation of its work. Among other things, it was agreed to resume the activity of the Working Group on Individual Properties.
The two delegations expressed their determination to accelerate their work in order to achieve further advances in the coming months and to conclude the Agreement as soon as possible.
It was agreed to hold the next Plenary meeting in May 2008, at the Vatican.