24 - 23.10.2010
- FOURTEENTH GENERAL CONGREGATION (SATURDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2010 - MORNING)
FOURTEENTH GENERAL CONGREGATION (SATURDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2010 - MORNING)
- PRESENTATION AND VOTING OF THE FINAL LIST OF PROPOSITIONS
- COMPOSITION OF THE SPECIAL COUNCIL FOR THE MIDDLE EAST OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIATE OF THE SYNOD OF BISHOPS
Today Saturday 23 October 2010, at 9.05 am., with the chant of the Hour of Terce, in the presence of the Holy Father, the Fourteenth General Congregation began, for the presentation and the voting of the Final List of Propositions.
The Acting President Delegate was H. B. Ignace Youssif III YOUNAN, Patriarch of Antioch of the Syrians (LEBANON).
During the break, the Holy Father granted an Audience to the Working Groups Gallicus E and F.
A this General Congregation, which ended at 12.20 with the prayer of the Angelus Domini, 162 Fathers were present.
PRESENTATION AND VOTING OF THE FINAL LIST OF PROPOSITIONS
The General Relator H. B. Antonios NAGUIB, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Copts (ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT) and the Special Secretary H. Exc. Mons. Joseph SOUEIF, Archbishop of Cyprus of the Maronites (CYPRUS) began reading the Final List of the Propositions in French which was followed by the Vote with the Synodal Fathers, handing in their signed ballot paper.
As foreseen by Art. 66 of Vademecum Synodi Episcoporum the Final list of Propositions is a ballot paper, a single copy of which is given to each Synodal Father; it is not a secret vote, rather a declared vote on the single Propositions (with the formula of Placet or Non placet).
COMPOSITION OF THE SPECIAL COUNCIL FOR THE MIDDLE EAST OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIATE OF THE SYNOD OF BISHOPS
After the reading of the Final List of Propositions, the Secretary General announced the composition of the Special Council for the Middle East, following the Pontifical nomination of three Synodal Fathers, to be added to the eight elected, during the Thirteenth General Congregation, yesterday. The Council is made up of:
- H. Em. Card. Jean-Louis TAURAN, President of the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue (VATICAN CITY)
- H. Em. Card. Leonardo SANDRI, Prefect of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches (VATICAN CITY)
- H. B. Antonios NAGUIB, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Copts (ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT)
- H. B. Ignace Youssif III YOUNAN, Patriarch of Antioch of the Syrians (LEBANON)
- H. B. Michel SABBAH, Patriarch Emeritus of Jerusalem of the Latins (JERUSALEM)
- H. Exc. Mons. Cyrille Salim BUSTROS, S.M.S.P., Archbishop of Newton of the Greek-Melkites (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)
- H. Exc. Mons. Boutros MARAYATI, Archbishop of Alep of the Armenians (SYRIA)
- H. Exc. Mons. Joseph SOUEIF, Archbishop of Cyprus of the Maronites (CYPRUS)
- H. Exc. Mons. Béchara RAÏ, O.M.M., Bishop of Jbeil of the Maronites (LEBANON)
- H. Exc. Mons. Antoine AUDO, S.I., Bishop of Alep of the Chaldeans (SYRIA)
- H. Exc. Mons. Shlemon WARDUNI, Titular Bishop of Anbar of the Chaldeans, Curia Bishop of Babylon of the Chaldeans (IRAQ)
Notice to readers
In case of errors found in the content of the Bulletin, you are kindly requested to report them directly to the Editing Staff, via email, at: